Saturday, July 2, 2011

Life With A Swamp Cooler is Not Cool


As time goes by you will learn one thing about me.  I do not like hot weather.  Any temperature over 85 and I am dying.  I live in the Southwest of Arizona and right now it is 113.5 degrees outside.  Trust me when I say if I could move I would be gone, and in Colorado Springs where my heart and spirit roam.  Until then, I look like the poor fella in the picture above.

You want to know the kicker of it?  I was born and raised in the desert of Southern California so you'd think I would be used to it?  No, not at all, a desert rat I am not.   My 'ideal' temperatures fall in the range of 30-75 degrees.

Most people in the real world have central air conditioning but is that what I have?  Of course not.  I have a swamp cooler also known as an evaporative cooler and I'm here to say they are useless as....ok this is a family blog so I'll be nice :-)

Don't get me wrong they are 'ok' as long as it's not over 85 or humid outside.  Wait, before you say "but it's a dry heat" we do get humidity during monsoon season and when that happens you can kiss your fanny goodbye if you are not a heat lover and have health issues where the heat makes you sick, including, yours truly.

This blog post probably is of no interest to anyone other than me, it has no real value to it other than me whining :-) and trying to pass the time away because it's 95 degrees in my house and the swamp cooler is broken...again.  My landlord bless his heart is up on my roof furiously trying to get it fixed.  I cannot complain about my landlord for he is awesome when it comes to caring for our home and my heart goes out to him out on the roof right now.

Moral of this rant is?  If you can't take the heat and you can avoid it, don't buy or rent a home with a swamp cooler because it's anything but cool.  To me at least.

Psssst...guess what?  It's now 114 degrees and the news says we have one more degree to go.....nice......

As always, my best to you,
Live Life, Laugh Hard and Love Passionately


No comments:

Post a Comment