Friday, July 1, 2011

How To Make Homemade Italian Spice Mix


I mentioned in my blog on How To Harvest, Store and Dry Your Own Herbs that I like to make my own homemade spice mixes.  Being Italian we do love our spice and we go through it pretty quick.If you haven't read that post, mosey on over and take a look at it.

When using dried herbs vs. fresh please make note:
1 teaspoon of crumbled dried leaves is used in place of 1 tablespoon of fresh.

How To Make Italian Spice Mix

You want to use equal parts of each dried herb

3 teaspoons oregano
3 teaspoons marjoram
3 teaspoons basil
3 teaspoons rosemary 
3 teaspoons sage

Of course you can always by your Italian Seasoning Mix at the store but it's not as much fun as making your own :-)

My Best To You,





Live Life, Laugh Hard and Love Passionately



No comments:

Post a Comment